Treo 700p: Activate changed ESN with Verizon

Discussion of the 700p.

Moderator:kocoman

KronTTop
Minion
Treo 700p: Activate changed ESN with Verizon

Post by KronTTop » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:02 pm

I just recently fell into a Palm Treo 700p. It is set to function on the Verizon network. When I call to activate the phone, it seems that the original ESN number is on the "blacklist" for lost/stolen phones. Is there any way to change the ESN using Kocoman's method of changing the ESN without using Bitpim/CRC patch?? Any response would be greatly appriciated. If you feel you need to contact me via email let me know in the Topic and I will definitely respond.

Lastly, if you feel you know any other way, whether it be social engineering or other, do let me know, I am willing to try ANYTHING, and report back here with my success.

Thanks again, this place seems very useful for getting the most of out today's smartphones.

kocoman
Techie

Re: Treo 700p: Activate changed ESN with Verizon

Post by kocoman » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:51 pm

KronTTop wrote:I just recently fell into a Palm Treo 700p. It is set to function on the Verizon network. When I call to activate the phone, it seems that the original ESN number is on the "blacklist" for lost/stolen phones. Is there any way to change the ESN using Kocoman's method of changing the ESN without using Bitpim/CRC patch?? Any response would be greatly appriciated. If you feel you need to contact me via email let me know in the Topic and I will definitely respond.

Lastly, if you feel you know any other way, whether it be social engineering or other, do let me know, I am willing to try ANYTHING, and report back here with my success.

Thanks again, this place seems very useful for getting the most of out today's smartphones.
You don't need social enginnering..., just get another Verizon phone ESN (some old Verizon Tri-mode phones found in the dumpster), then put the ESN in the Treo, and it should work (set the A-key if necessary???, MSID, mobile number). going online would only be at 1X at this point.

Go to mobile-files.com, there is a thread about 700p ESN that you can read about.
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d

KronTTop
Minion

Post by KronTTop » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:52 pm

Kocoman,

Obviously, you are a genious. I doubt anyone needs to tell you that :mrgreen: .... I read your post. I have two old Verizon phones that have valid ESN numbers but are non-working due to water damage. I would be more than willing to give you one of the ESN (provided you even want it), if you could walk me through a little bit more step by step on changing the ESN. I am very newbie to this "Palm Treo" universe...However I am very good with computers and electronics and feel I could pick it up rather quickly. I am going to check out that link you left in the previous post and see where I can go from there. So far sounds so good though. I believe I see where you are going with switching the ESN's and I am so excited that there is even a slim chance of getting this gorgeous Palm to work. You are the man, thanks in advance.

KronTTop
Minion

Post by KronTTop » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:51 pm

Kocoman,

Can you please specify a model number or something a bit more specific on which "lg data cable" I will be using in the operation of splicing and soddering to the usb-Treo cable??

I just want to make sure I order the proper cable. The money is not the issue, I just want to put this project into action ASAP and don;t want to have to deal with multiple shipping and such from the internet.

kocoman
Techie

Post by kocoman » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:39 am

KronTTop wrote:Kocoman,

Obviously, you are a genious. I doubt anyone needs to tell you that :mrgreen: .... I read your post. I have two old Verizon phones that have valid ESN numbers but are non-working due to water damage. I would be more than willing to give you one of the ESN (provided you even want it), if you could walk me through a little bit more step by step on changing the ESN. I am very newbie to this "Palm Treo" universe...However I am very good with computers and electronics and feel I could pick it up rather quickly. I am going to check out that link you left in the previous post and see where I can go from there. So far sounds so good though. I believe I see where you are going with switching the ESN's and I am so excited that there is even a slim chance of getting this gorgeous Palm to work. You are the man, thanks in advance.
Again, you don't need serial/lg cable, just use your Treo USB cable included with the phone.
Please try to do yourself and if you have problems/questions you can post here. I don't have time to walk you through.. trying to clear out my hard drives to install Leopard OS X so I don't have any Windows OS to make changes for a while. Sorry about it.

KronTTop
Minion

Post by KronTTop » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:08 pm

I just have one last question, then I think I am prepared to get this project underway. I currently have this treo un activated. The current ESN number is on the Verizon Blacklist. I want to change the ESN, obviously, to a valid ESN from another one of my phones. What I need to know is, when I call to activate the ESN through Verizon, how will the phone re-act if it is activated at all. How will the service know to use my new Treo instead of the old LG that I am taking the ESN number from? If anyone could possibly just enlighten me to how this works, and if it even works as I really hope it does, it would be a tremendous help and this newbie can stop bothering all you pros and you guys can get back to re aligning satelites and such , haha. Thanks guys, you are amazing. :mrgreen:

kocoman
Techie

Post by kocoman » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:06 pm

KronTTop wrote:I just have one last question, then I think I am prepared to get this project underway. I currently have this treo un activated. The current ESN number is on the Verizon Blacklist. I want to change the ESN, obviously, to a valid ESN from another one of my phones. What I need to know is, when I call to activate the ESN through Verizon, how will the phone re-act if it is activated at all. How will the service know to use my new Treo instead of the old LG that I am taking the ESN number from? If anyone could possibly just enlighten me to how this works, and if it even works as I really hope it does, it would be a tremendous help and this newbie can stop bothering all you pros and you guys can get back to re aligning satelites and such , haha. Thanks guys, you are amazing. :mrgreen:
Well you have to make sure

1) never turn both phones on at the same time
2) correct Mobile phone #
3) correct MSID
4) know your SPC/MSL codes for both units
5) Correct PRL loaded (ie: Verizon PRL for Verizon network)

So if you are activating on Verizon, you need to d/l the Verizon MR (From palm's site), and get the CDMAUpdater for Verizon, then install that PRL AFTER you erased the nvram

As long as 2, 3, 5 is correct the phone should work fine for voice calls. Data/EVDO is another story.
You don't need to mention about Treo/Treo ESN at all to Verizon. Of course you won't mention about changing ESN also.

KronTTop
Minion

Post by KronTTop » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:20 pm

Kocoman,

You are really going to hate me after this.... I am just such a newb to this. Like I said I am willing to give you a valid ESN or whatever if you can just help me once more time. Everything seems to makes sense I just think that I need an order to follow in steps. The link you sent me looks amazing about the ESN repair on Treo. So I am assuming this last message you left in the post is to follow up after I am done with all the links from the previous step. Again, I really appriciate it, I just am a little nervous I am going to destroy the phone by rushing in, rather than assembling all the knowledge first and doing it right the first time.

prominator
Minion

Post by prominator » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:48 pm

um i can help you
do you have a messenger?
i am on line all the time

kocoman
Techie

Post by kocoman » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:29 pm

prominator can you help him if you have time. I am having some family issues that I don't have free time anymore to help. sorry, thank you guys

KronTTop
Minion

Post by KronTTop » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:48 am

Kocoman,
Really sorry to hear that man. Anything ( I can't imagine what), but anything we can do to help , we would do gladly. You already have been such a help to mewith all the reading you have set me up with. I feel fairly confident with what I am doing, but I definitely think it would help to have a mentor to lean on when things get a bit fuzzy. Thanks so much for all the support anyway, this is a great community.

TToP

KronTTop
Minion

Post by KronTTop » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:29 pm

Anyone,

Kocoman informed me that I do not have to create my own serial cable and can just use my normal treo cable. Can someone help me to get Bitpim to run from that cable pleasE?

KronTTop
Minion

Post by KronTTop » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:49 pm

Hello Again,

I would just love anyone to help me with this ESN activation. I am reading over all these links that I have been given and they all seem to include this serial cable. Again, I am willing to give a valid ESN off of a clean Verizon cell phone for anyone that can get this beautiful treo up and running. Thanks guys, much love as usual.

prominator
Minion

Post by prominator » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:27 pm

i would totally help you on yahoo messenger or msn

just get the boot loader drivers so that bitpim working

KronTTop
Minion

Post by KronTTop » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:51 pm

Prominator,

Give me the messenger you want to use and your ID and I will grab it asap. I would prefer Yahoo. I am available almost all hours of the day. You are the man.