Convert 700p from Sprint to Verizon

Discussion of the 700p.

Moderator:kocoman

Nate1861
Convert 700p from Sprint to Verizon

Post by Nate1861 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:17 pm

Here's the deal. I have a Treo 700p that I got through Sprint, I want to use it on Verizon. The ESN attached to the Treo does show up in Verizon's system as a Treo 700w. They did the ESN change for me, but I could not program the phone using *228 since there is no Verizon software on the phone. I ended up going back to my old phone until I can find a way to change the software on the Treo. Anyone give me some input on this? I've looked for a couple days to find a solution, but everything I have found is very outdated.

The reason I have been inspired to do this lately is because of the recent law change enacted that you can read via the link below.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/293 ... ock28.html

Tenshi

"verizonizing" a sprint Treo 700P

Post by Tenshi » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:11 am

I too have a sprint treo 700p and wanted to move it to Verizon. You need the msl code. Once you obtain that, with the phone on, type ##msl# and you will be asked for the new phone number. I would recommend going to the Verizon store once you have the code. It's alot easier than you think.

The only problem I have right now is locating the data settings so I can surf the net.
"Congito, Ergo Sum"