Sprintizing: Convert Verizon 700p On Sprint

Discussion of the 700p.

Moderator:kocoman

phrinton
Sprintizing: Convert Verizon 700p On Sprint

Post by phrinton » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:12 am

Hello everyone. I've done some searching on this discussion board and I can't seem to locate what I'm looking for. I've seen all the postings about converting a Sprint treo to work on Verizon, but I would like to know if a similar process is detailed anywhere for converting a Verizon 700p to work on Sprint's network. If this is covered in an article elsewhere or even a posting then a gentle push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

FirstBrother

Hate to be the bearer of bad news....

Post by FirstBrother » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:30 pm

Hi.

I had the same type of question and posted it on TreoCentral.com. Here's a reply I received back: "Even if you were able to unlock the Treo, Sprint will not activate any phone who's ESN number is not in their system. Maybe you can sell your Treo to help with the ETF cost and the added cost of getting a new Sprint Treo. Good luck."

Hope this helps... somewhat.

Good luck!

phrinton

Post by phrinton » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:49 am

So Sprint and Verizon are both treating "converted" treo's in much the same way. So they're both equally evil, or greedy, or whatever one cares to label them. Thanks so much for your reply. Time to punt the treo I guess.

alexyip

Post by alexyip » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:01 am

But can anyone on this board able to do it? Please share it. It will be usefull if I take this unit abroad.

perdurabo

Post by perdurabo » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:02 pm

alexyip wrote:But can anyone on this board able to do it? Please share it. It will be usefull if I take this unit abroad.
Which part of "Sprint will not activate any phone who's ESN number is not in their system" did you not understand? It doesn't matter how many times people ask, it's not going to become reality.