700P radio on/off splash screen mod

Discussion of the 700p.

Moderator:kocoman

Burkhard1
700P radio on/off splash screen mod

Post by Burkhard1 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:31 am

Heya Shadowmite,
Your Splash Screens that are posted on your site are still Treo650 versions, right?

Here is what I posted on TC about a request for a 700P version with extras.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showt ... p?t=116569

Let me know what you think...
Thanks! Matt

Here is what the post said
Shadowmite,
What would it take to get you to make a custom splash screen for the radio on/off for the new 700P? I have a couple requests for enhancements too.

1. Bring back the call duration log
2. Bring back the green Ev-DO icon to the left of the bullseye (location icon) on the main dialer/phone screen
3. Or better yet...Since by defualt the green box says "EV" for power vision and "1X" for 1xRRT, can we change those to somehting like Blue box with "PV" for power Vision/Ev-DO and a green box with "V" for Vision/1xRRT? (to keep with the data transmition color scheme)

I have a pay pal account and can donate $ as well as help with R&D. This should hopefuly be as easy as the 600 and 650 versions were?

I tried to post at your website, but messed up my login, I sent you an email about that too.

Thanks, Matt Burkhard

you can use this post for a reference of the said icons..
http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...ad.php?t=116455
Look at post #15 down.

As I am sure your aware of, the 650 version ports over with less ill effect then the 600 verison did on the 650, but it does cause a reset if you use the phone perf's in the menu of the main dialer/phone screen.

Burkhardi

Post by Burkhardi » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:10 pm

It also seem that the Call Duration popup is in this file too.
Let us know what you think and thanks for the consideration!

treoneo

Post by treoneo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:14 am

Yeah I tried one from the 650 but a little buggy. Any updates?

Burkhardi

Shadowmite, let's get this party started!

Post by Burkhardi » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:57 pm

Yo Shadowmite...
I got some ideas about the Radio Splash Screen and I can even throw some cabbage your way too.

1. Have it where you can choose differnt splash sceens (once you figure out where all the flags are, someone can do that work (like last time).
2. toggle the Call Curation (via deatails) flag back on
3. have a version that has the call pop-up (after hangup) flag off (so it only pops up when you hang up on another app (like the 650 worked and how the 700P works with the 650 splash screen mod)not all the time like the defualt Sprint version works.
4. Bring back the OEM 1XR and Edvo symbols, however, change the Evdo one from green to blue and keep the 1XR as green (square box in the main dial screen). This will mimic the data arrows too.

and I am sure we have more ideas too
Thanks, Matt

Caveat: This is all about the Sprint version.

Shadowmite
PDAPhone Hacker Team

Post by Shadowmite » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:32 pm

Hey, let me know if you need anything else, I think I got it all in over at the blog entry from today, as well as a overlay in the patches and files section... Enjoy!

http://www.shadowmite.com/p-f.html
---
Shadowmite

Burkhardi

Post by Burkhardi » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:41 pm

Shadowmite wrote:Hey, let me know if you need anything else, I think I got it all in over at the blog entry from today, as well as a overlay in the patches and files section... Enjoy!

http://www.shadowmite.com/p-f.html
Hey...You the man!
This has been bug'n me since 6/1/06...LOL
Can you link me to your Pay-Pal dealio so I can give you some appreciation for this. It's not payment for the service mind you, but a very small (I aint roll'n in the $$..) token of my greatfullness. Say 20 dead presidents/green backs...

Amyway. Thanks again and when you have time, can you steer me in the direction on how to change the color of the OEM 1XR and EV icons as mentioned above please.
Since Stewie is not around (that I know of) perhaps I can learn how to import the other splash sreens too? Anyway, what tool's do I need to view and edit (Remember, I'm new at this, but a fast learner). I assume PRC explorer and such (under the "tools I use" link)?
Thanks again and best regards, Matt

OH YEA... Can you (just a sugestion) edit your patch section to make it more clear the only the top one is for the 700P and the rest are for the 650 (I assume that's how it is)? I almost downloaded the unbranded version, then relized that it's most likley the 650 version...

Fritz

Post by Fritz » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:00 pm

I too would like to express my appreciation the only way I know how ($$) - please direct me. Thanks Shadowmite.

Shadowmite
PDAPhone Hacker Team

Post by Shadowmite » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:26 pm

Donations can be made via paypal to:

shadowmite@shadowmite.com

---------
To further point out a few more options, the following post over at treocentral is where I put them all so far.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showp ... stcount=58

I will work on getting the rest into my site as well and re-labeling the old 650 ones...

As for how to do the custom screens, the tools I use link, get the one that says "PRC Edit - To edit flags or embedded graphics easier". With that you can overlay jpgs that are the same size or smaller into the overlay. I use the prc explorer to extract the images from a overlay... Hope this helps. Not sure yet about that stock little green icon. Gotta find it, then we should be able to change it...
---
Shadowmite

IRONH1

Post by IRONH1 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:22 pm

Thanks for the patch Shadowmite!
I just got the 700p,... from 650 to 6700 to 700p!

let me know if you need any gfx work done.

donnyb
Minion

test5

Post by donnyb » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:40 am

Shadowmite,

I installed test5 and when I go to option/phone preference from the phone display it resets the phone. How do I uninstall test5? So that I can verify what is causing the reset. Thanks
-donnyb

donnyb
Minion

Re: test5

Post by donnyb » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:46 am

donnyb wrote:Shadowmite,

I installed test5 and when I go to option/phone preference from the phone display it resets the phone. How do I uninstall test5? So that I can verify what is causing the reset. Thanks

I figured it out. It is causing the resets. I also tested test7 and it does the same thing.
-donnyb

sketch42

Post by sketch42 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:53 am

does anyone have a copy of phone_src.src for the 700p?